Witturs first sustainability report
The Wittur Group announced the publication of its first sustainability report, highlighting Wittur’s sustainability strategy and its commitment to sustainable growth, social responsibility and attention to environmental challenges.
The Wittur Sustainability report follows the GRI reporting guidelines; the key targets are based on the Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations and consistent with actions required to keep global warming to 1.5°C according to Paris agreement.
Among the key targets declared, Wittur commits by 2030 to:
• Reduce absolute scope 1 and scope 2 GHG Emissions
• Increase sourcing of renewable electricity
• Design sustainable, eco-friendly packages, 100% made of recyclable materials;
• Reduce waste
• Support development of local communities in all Wittur sites
• Eliminate workplace injuries
• Sustain Zero health and safety impact of Wittur products
• Increase all Wittur employee’s awareness on sustainability via trainings on SDG’s
• Replace traditional manufacturing processes with greener alternatives.
Wittur’s sustainability roadmap was launched in 2020 and is the outcome of a process started with the development of energy efficiency products certified according to the VDI4707 guidelines as early as 2014.
More information: Wittur 2020/21 Sustainability report is available for download from Wittur website at this address: www.wittur.com/website/get_download.aspx?ctrb_id=9580