Five Red Dot awards for Kone
The jury of the Red Dot Awards honoured Kone five times: the company's access gate system “Kone Lane” won two prizes.
The group received additional awards for the cloud-based people flow solution "Kone Office Flow", the multimedia car "Kone Digital Experience Car" and the escalator solution Kone TravelMaster for their design.
"Kone Lane" is the name of the product that convinced the jury in the categories "Interior Design Elements" and "Innovative Products". This is an access gate system with "outstanding spatial efficiency, which comes into its own especially in office buildings with narrower entrance areas," explained Kone. Since 1.9 m steles are used instead of the customary access gate partitions, the area needed can be slashed by up to 90 percent compared to other access gate systems.
Flow of information between the installations
Kone Lane is the company’s response to the rising demand for fluid, as far as possible touchless, access to office buildings. This is because the access gate system has a time-of-flight or TOF camera: using infrared light, it records the distance of everyone in the proximity of the access gate system in real time. Consequently, Kone Lane can manage the path people take using red or green traffic light arrows and in the long term can be expanded with the targeted projection on the floor of the route to particular rooms or events. Photo: © Kone
Moreover, in future the TOF technology will permit biometric face recognition to control access without saving personal data, the company emphasised. Up to then, users can pass the access gate system using a QR code or RFID chip card.
"In addition, easy integration of the turnstiles with lifts promotes the flow of information between the installations and as a result likewise contributes to people flow in the building," according to the Kone press release.
Red Dot Awards for Kone
The Red Dot Design Awards have been bestowed since 1955 and represent one of the biggest and most highly regarded design competitions worldwide. Designers and companies from about 60 companies submitted their products in 2021.
Kone emerged as winner as it has repeatedly in the past:
• 2012 product design for the display and operating elements of the KSS 800 and KSS 280 series
• 2014 product design of the ceiling light RL 20 and KSP 858 destination control system
• 2015 product design of the access gate system Kone Turnstile 100
• 2016 product design of the measurement device Kone DT6 to determine travel comfort and the ceiling light Kone Rondel Light
• 2020 two "Red Dots" for the DX lift class in the categories and product design and innovative products; two more "Red Dots" for integrated connectivity and user experience of the DX lifts.
More information: www.kone.de