News | September 2020
Touchless voice-controlled home lift
Vocal suite is Nova Elevators' new home lift that can be fully operated with the voice, avoiding all contact with surfaces.
This year’s European Lift Congress will be staged online! In view of the uncertainties involved by the Corona pandemic the host decided to change the format and arrange ELCH 2020 on October 27 and 28 as online conference. Program and time schedule will remain unchanged.
The good news is that the participants not only obviously avoid the ongoing increasing risks of infection, they also will save time and money. Means not only expenses for travel and residence, moreover the participation fee reduces now to 330€.
“Our paramount commitment with all decisions was and will be further on the wellbeing of the participants, their colleagues and families and thus of the entire lift industry, even though it’s a pity not to meet in person”, Prof. Dr. Georg Clauss mentions (managing director of Technical Academy of Heilbronn).
With this change in format no change with topics or speakers or the timetable will come along. The European Lift Congress deals with Challenges and Chances the European Lift Industry faces these times. It will be staged by the Technical Academy of Heilbronn on October 27 and 28, 2020. “Look forward to an event of the novel type”, Prof. Clauss points out.
Professor Wolfram Vogel, who took over the conception of the new European Lift Congress 2020, will then open the congress and introduce the specialist subjects.
• In the opening talk, Esfandiar Gharibaan will speak about current and planned work in international standardisation in CEN TC10, based on his own experience as its longstanding chairman.
• “The market for lifts and escalators is growing:” Ebru Gemici-Loukas from the VDMA lift and escalators trade association, which also plays an active role in the European Lift Association (ELA), will give a report on current European market statistics.
• Dr Roberto Zappa – President of the ELA, will present the global Initiative World Elevator and Escalator Federation (WEEF), which is intended to promote worldwide understanding and a method inventory.
• Dr Paula Casares from thyssenkrupp Elevator Spain will address the topic of the evaluation of the lift product life cycle.
• Lexiang Zhang from the China Elevator Association will report on the market situation and image of the lift industry in China and on experience with European EN and international ISO standards outside the European economic area.
• Tadeusz Popielas, General Secretary of the Polish Association of Lift Manufacturer (PALM) will speak about the market in his country and focus on the measures of his association to support the lift industry in personnel development with further training and education.
• Dr Gabriele Semino, CEO of the NEXT prototype will consider alternative passenger conveyance technology. He will talk about the hyperloop, which is based on an idea of Elon Musk about future means of transport: vehicles, also called pads, move through air-free tubes at almost the speed of sound from A to B. Pads will be on display in Heilbronn.
• Dr Christian Studer from Schindler AG will take up the idea that a great many existing lifts have to be modernised.
• Roland Hoppenstedt from Ziehl-Abegg SE will deal with the topic of functional safety in his talk. He will discuss whether a new safety level can be achieved with functional safety.
• Götz Weinmann, TO of Thinking Objects GmbH, will take the stand that an effective cyber security strategy is based on three aspects: people, processes and compliance. The importance of this interplay will be explained and demonstrated live.
• Matt Davies from Avire Ltd will provide an overview of the currently available techniques for lift monitoring and will map out the primary expectations of lift monitoring related to the Internet of Things and predictive maintenance in the lift industry.
• Aleksey Gorilovsky from LiftEye Ltd, in cooperation with Stein, will demonstrate the visualisation of the outside world, transported inside the car. Pictures of the surroundings will be coupled with augmented reality approaches in real time.
• Dr Nicola Imbimbo from the Prismian Group will present the Internet of Things related to the lift and its possibilities. His focus will also be on the integration of monitoring of components and assemblies.
• Günther Klingler from Chr. Mayr GmbH will deal with the safety brakes of electric drives.
ELCH 2020 will end with a brief summary and closing discussion.
Register, please, with the form included in the flyer or via the website of ELCH 2020. If you have further questions, please, contact TAH (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the chairman Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Vogel (email@example.com).
This might interest you as well: